Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yellow Shutters

It is certainly a deceiving site. Fresh coat of white blanketed the pavements today hiding the menacing stark of slick black ice.

Earlier in the day, commute brought me to an unfamiliar street and I was taken in awe by the yellow shutters of a small quaint pre 70's era ranch. The yellow shutters stood out amid the dull gray of vinyl siding covered in clear icicles and the faint dusting of new snow. Taking a second glance at the yellow shutters, I imagined all it needed was some bright red daisies & green of a freshly cut lawn. One can wish can't we?

I asked the girls of their opinion..and one yelled.."yuck..mum it looks like puke". The joker of our family said.."mamma it would look good if the grass showed and maybe some flowers too"...weird! She's so much "not" like me yet sometimes her imagination beckons me to take a second look at her & say..she's mine and so is "one"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment