Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow snow snow & then some rain.. :)


Snow snow & more snow…

I woke up to a beautiful blanket of white all over again. The trees, the roof tops & the mail boxes all were breath takingly beautiful. I went a little crazy with my camera again, walked out in my pj’s and started snapping. I wanted to capture all the beauty before the wind blows it all away. As I was trying to capture what may last only a few moments his thought lingered my mind. As if for a moment I wasn’t here, I was somewhere else and suddenly the snow wasn’t snow anymore but rain. Warm summer rains like I used to know of my childhood in India.


I remember the sweet smell of rain that often precedes the warm rains. Up there, on the terrace my world changed. It was mine, with no barriers or limits. I dreamed up there, I lived up here. Time certainly has changed a lot. Instead of rains, I find solace in the snow now and wait for spring to bring in the rains. I still dream but not as much, I long for those lost days when everything revolved around my terrace.

My memories are a bit faded these days, but on certain days they tend to appear out of the blue and engulf my thoughts. I await the rains now; maybe they will release me from this melancholy mood of mine. I have grown up quite a bit since my terrace days, but sometimes the kid in me beckons to be let free. So, today barefoot and barely dressed when I stepped onto the blanket of white, I was taken back for a moment. I was a kid again, in my white sleeveless dress perched up on the water tank to jump into the make shift pool of rain water(used to plug the drainage holes to retain the water), to splash & scream…
rain rain
oh rain do come again
come today, tomorrow and morrow after..

No comments:

Post a Comment