Sunday, January 15, 2006

Baroda..Jan 7th -15th 2006

WOW! What's with the uber ads? Baroda sure has changed and doesn't seem like it is for the better either. Then again, it's my first impression after a decade. Lets see what days ahead brings.

REMIND EVERYONE OF SHUARA'S ALLERGIES!! NO NUTS PLEASE!!

Glad all the family is coming over tonight, saves visiting all of them individually. Mom-in-law's idea, have to thank her. Husa's here too from UK, she's different, maybe a bit more distant, why? hmmmm
I have no Indian clothes,we go shopping and buy some decent outfits. They aren't up to par with my taste, will have to make do for now.

14th-15th


Headed over to dadima's in wadi. It's Uttarayan. I miss bhai.
Dadima's place looks okay I guess, more vacant. Sad, no one sees what I see!
Friends are hosting us today at Asgi's..it was nice to see them all. I was teased a lot, that was expected and I returned a bit too!
Headed over to mom&dad's..I can't stand these huge cell towers everywhere in town. Miss bhai and can't stand being up on the terrace. I miss my childhood days, the warm monsoon rains and I miss being a kid.
Back to dadima's. The kites flew high today, it was fun for the girls and Raj too...I felt awkward, alone and a bit melancholy. The day ends with tons of fire crackers and laughs..a few tears

We take the Rajdhani Express to Delhi tomorrow night..


Translations:
Uttarayan-Kite Festival
Dadima-Paternal Grandma
bhai-brother
Rajdhani-name of the train

No comments:

Post a Comment